- MID-IR LASER SYSTEMS
Dr. Dmitry Kolker, associate professor of NSTU (Physical department)
- Solid state laser souses at MID - IR region.
- Walk-off compensated structures and PPxx technology.
- Sum- and different frequency oscillations in nonlinear crystals.
- Conventional optical parametric oscillator for spectroscopy and different applications.
- Optical frequency divider by N for laser metrology.
- Nanosecond OPO at MID-IR and application for laser gas analysis.
- Automatical control of OPO parameters.
- INTRODUCTION TO FIBER OPTICS
Prof. Sergey Turitsyn. Professor of Photonics at Aston University (Birmingham, UK) , Director of Photonics Research Group
- Introduction to optical fibre communications
- Raman-assisted distributed amplification in optical fibre communications
Dr. Boris Nushkov, associate professor of NSTU (Physical department)
- Light propagation in optical fibers (geometrical optics approach)
- Reflection and refraction at dielectric-dielectric interface
- Numerical aperture of an optical fiber
- Light propagation in optical fibers (wave optics approach)
- Guided modes
- Normalized wave number (V-number)
- Number of guided modes and cutoff wavelength
- Beam parameters at fiber input/output
- Loss in optical fibers
- Dispersion in optical fibers
- Concept and construction of fiber lasers
- Basic construction of fiber lasers
- Active mediums and lasing wavelengths
- Fibers and fiber-optics elements used in fiber lasers
- Types of fiber laser resonators
- Overview of different types of fiber lasers
- Single-frequency fiber lasers
- Mode-locked fiber lasers
- High-power fiber lasers with high beam quality
- Raman fiber lasers
- Automatical control of fiber lasers
Dr. Igor Sherstov, senior scientist of IPL SB RAS, associate professor of NSTU
- Schemes of remote laser sounding.
- Atmosphere of the Earth. The international scale of visibility.
- Quantum transitions and spectra of molecules. The main effects of interaction of laser radiation with atmospheric gases (combinational dispersion, fluorescence, absorption). Combinational dispersion laser lidar systems
- The analysis of range of action of pulse range finders for various models of atmosphere.
- A method of differential absorption for gas analysis atmosphere pollution.
- Differential absorption laser lidars.
- Physical bases of detection of gases optical an acoustic method. Laser opto- acoustic gas analyzers
Prof Vadim Zhmud. The Head of Automatical department of NSTU
- Electronic systems of stabilization of frequency of laser radiation
- Electronic systems of phase auto frequency locking of several lasers to each other
- Systems of ultra precise stabilization of temperature of semiconductor lasers
- Methods and equipment for certification of laser standards of frequency
- Modern digital systems of stabilization
- Adaptive and optimum control systems and stabilization